Southern Erie County
The 25th annual Blasdell Summer Concert Series will kickoff with a performance by Breakaway from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at JFK Playground, which is located on Grafton Avenue.
The series will continue each Wednesday through Aug. 12. Other performers include Buffalo Silver Band, June 24; Nick Battistella, July 1; Rumourz (Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band), July 8; Krossfire, July 15; Black Diamond, July 22; Joyryde, July 29; Wide Right, Aug. 5; and Laughing Bandit, Aug. 12.
• The Blasdell Village Board meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Boston Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The 7th Annual Trooper Brinkerhoff 5K /10K Race/Walk will be held Saturday at the Boston Town Park, 8500 Boston State Road. The annual race is in memory of State Trooper David C. Brinkerhoff, who was killed in the line of duty on April 25, 2007.
Race registration and packets will be available on Friday from 5 to 8 p.m. in the lower level of the Town Hall. Day-of registration and timing chip pick-up begins at 8 a.m. A Kid’s Fun Run for ages 6 and under and a 1/2 mile XC trail run through the park for kids 12 & under takes place at 9:30 a.m. The 5K and 10K race and walk begin promptly at 10 a.m. followed by post race food, drinks, awards, beer, activities and music. 5K awards given to top male and female overall runners, top male and female law enforcement officers, and 5-year age groups through 75 and older; 10K awards will be in 10 year age groups beginning with under 20, 20-29, 30-39, and so on thru 60 and older and the top Male and Female Law Enforcement finishers. Awards will also be given to winners of 5K Team Challenge in the Law Enforcement and Fire/Rescue categories.
Members of Law Enforcement and Fire/Rescue agencies are encouraged to form three-member teams and use your total time to compete against each other.
• The East Aurora School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at East Aurora Middle School, 430 Main St.
• Eden’s annual bike rodeo starts at 10 a.m. Saturday for children 13 and younger, who can win a bicycle and other prizes. The event is sponsored by the Eden Police Group and the Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880.
The rodeo is held in the Eden Town Hall’s parking lot at 2795 E. Church St. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m.
Prizes will be given in three age groups: 5 and younger, 6 to 9 and 10 to 13. The bicycle is the grand prize.
Participants must wear helmets.
• The Springville Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• Active Citizens for Eden Seniors has invited Medicaid and Medicare representatives to present long-term health insurance options at 11 a.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall. For more details, visit the town government’s website at www.edenny.org.
• The Springville-Griffith Institute Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• The Eden School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the junior-senior high school’s cafeteria at 3150 Schoolview Road.
• The Evans Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road. The dog park dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony will precede the meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the Town Hall. Refreshments will be served.
• Springville’s “Concerts in the Park” feature Country Memories, a classic country band, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in Fiddlers Green Park at Buffalo and Franklin streets in Springville. If there is rain, the concert will move to the Concord Town Hall’s second floor at 86 Franklin St.
• The Eden Economic Advisory Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. Thursday on the Town Hall’s second floor.