Southern Erie County
A race and walk to benefit the Eden Central School District’s athletics program has been set in the Town of Eden.
The Eden All-Sports Booster Club will sponsor A Run in the Country and Autism Walk, a five-kilometer run and walk, from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Participants must go to the Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880 at 2912 Legion Drive for a race number.
Runners and walkers may register for $20 at www.buffalorunners.com or before the race for $25 starting at 8:30 a.m. at the American Legion post.
Free T-shirts will be given to the first 150 registrants. Others may buy a T-shirt. Sales will fund special education students’ transportation to events in the Skating Association for the Blind and Handicapped, known as SABAH.
Registration proceeds will fund the school district’s teams.
The course begins and ends at Eden Elementary School on Main Street.
Awards, refreshments and games will be offered afterward at the Eden Chamber of Commerce shelter on the Eden Corn Festival’s grounds.
Questions may be emailed to email@example.com.
• The Eden Library Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the library at 2901 E. Church St.
• A family movie party starts at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord at 18 Chapel St. in Springville. Crafts and bingo will accompany a showing of “Big Hero 6,” a PG-rated Disney movie. Registration is required by calling 592-7742.
• The North Collins Board of Education’s work session begins at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St.
• The Village of Springville’s Historic Preservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday on the Municipal Building’s second floor at 65 Franklin St.
• Village of Springville Planning Board meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday on the Municipal Building’s second floor.
• The Eden Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall at 2795 E. Church St.
• Concerts in the Park will begin with the Buffalo Silver Band, which performs brass band music, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in Fiddlers Green Park at Buffalo and Franklin streets in Springville. If there is rain, the concert will move to the Concord Town Hall’s second floor. Parking will be available at the First Presbyterian Church at Buffalo and Franklin streets because of the roadwork on Franklin Street. The weekly series will continue every Thursday until Aug. 27.
• The Concord Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Town Hall at 86 Franklin St.
• Erie County Legislator John J. Mills will sponsor the Boston Free Library hot dog roast fundraiser from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at the library, 9475 Boston State Road. A hot dog and water dinner is $1 and Italian sausage and water meal is $2. All proceeds benefit the library. The event will also feature a performance by Nickel City Reptiles & Exotics Show at 6 p.m.