Hamburg Adult Day Services is offering a free half-day trial of the program for those who attend an open house at the program Saturday.
Adult Day Services provides care to older adults and others who are unable to attend traditional senior programs. Clients do not have to live in the town to participate. The program provides care to the attendee and respite to the caregiver.
The public is invited to attend the open house from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the new location in the Hamburg Senior Community Center, 4540 Southwestern Blvd.
Preregistration is encouraged by calling NY Connects at 858-8526, as the open house is being held in conjunction with similar events throughout Western New York to showcase social day care centers and promote community awareness.
People who need of the services provided by Hamburg Adult Day Services and have never attended the program will be eligible for a free half day trial of the program for attending the open house. Eligibility is dependent upon completion of the required intake process and medical authorization by a physician.
• The Town Board will start its work session at 4:30 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1 to listen to presentations of firms bidding on town insurance. There are three presentations and each one is to last 30 minutes. The board’s regular work session is expected to start at 6 p.m. and will be followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the court room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Hamburg village Historic Preservation Commission meets at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg village Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg village Environmental Conservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will conduct a hearing on the district code of conduct at 6 p.m. Tuesday, which will be followed by the board’s regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. in Armor Elementary School, 5301 Abbott Road.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Shops at Lake Avenue, which is the former Hills Plaza at 4271 Lake Ave.
• The Hamburg village concert this week will be Friends of Harmony Barbershop Chorus, playing at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Park at Lake and Union streets. The rain site will be Union-Pleasant Elementary School auditorium.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal parking lot, with entrances on Main and Union streets.