Festival season kicks off next weekend, with the seventh annual Cheektowaga Crabapple Festival beginning Friday night in Town Park on Harlem Road.
There will be a super cruise from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, along with live music by Crash Cadillac from 7 to 11 p.m.
Saturday’s activities begin at 9 a.m., with a one-pitch softball tournament. A food truck rally opens at 11 a.m., and the Little Miss Crabapple Pageant, for girls ages 5 to 8, begins at noon. Family activities will be featured throughout the afternoon and Hit ‘n Run will perform from 7 to 11 p.m.
At noon Sunday, a War of 1812 Commemoration ceremony will be held at the Garrison Cemetery on Aero Drive, Events at Town Park include a Flag Day Concert at 6:45 p.m., with performances by Cheektowaga Central’s Jazz Ensemble and the Cheektowaga Community Symphony Orchestra,followed by fireworks.
• The Maryvale School Board meets at 6 p.m. Monday at the district administrative office, 1050 Maryvale Drive.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Office Conference Room on the second floor at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Cheektowaga Central School Board plans to meet at 6 p.m. in the board room at the high school, 3600 Union Road and go immediately into executive session. The regular meeting is expected to begin at about 7 p.m.
• The Sloan Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 425 Reiman St.
• The town’s Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers.