Share this article

print logo

June 1, 1930: Sacred Heart Academy lays cornerstone

Eighty-five years ago today, civic and church leaders gathered just north of Buffalo’s border with Amherst to lay the cornerstone for the Sacred Heart Academy building still in use today.

Msgr. John Nash, founder and pastor of Holy Family church in South Buffalo and vicar general of the Diocese of Buffalo, led the ceremonies, along with Mayor Charles Roesch — who was better known in his stall at the Broadway Market as “Charlie the Butcher.”

01 june 1930 Sacred Heart Cornerstone laid

01 june 1930 sacred heart

There are no comments - be the first to comment