As of Wednesday night, the district had officially received seven applications for the position of superintendent for Buffalo Public Schools. In addition, the board agreed during committee meetings Wednesday that the district will hold one community forum to receive public feedback on the superintendent search. The forum will be organized by the district and held in a school at a place and time yet to be determined. The forum will be held before June 5, when the posting for the superintendent position ends.
Don't want to show up at a community forum to voice your opinion on the qualities the next superintendent should possess? No problem. You can send the board your thoughts online. Here's the link for the brief survey the district has posted on its website to receive public feedback. The survey includes a narrative section to allow respondents to write in with any suggestions about the qualities the next superintendent should possess.
Below is a listing of all the places where the district said the superintendent vacancy is currently being advertised. Of course, if anyone is looking for a superintendent position and doesn't already know Buffalo has an opening, one would have reason to wonder about them.
• Council of Great City Schools
• AASA- School Superintendent Association
• Education Week
• School Administrator Association of NY state
• New York State School Boards Association
• National Alliance for Bilingual Education
• National Alliance for Black School Educators
• NJ Association of School Administrators
• PA Association of School Administrators
• CT Association of School Administrators
• The Buffalo News will run a 1/8 page display ad starting Sunday