Share this article

print logo

Unattended cooking blamed for overnight fire in Niagara Falls

NIAGARA FALLS – Unattended cooking apparently was the cause of a fire that damaged a home overnight and claimed the life of a family pet early Tuesday morning, according to police.

The fire at 811 Cedar Ave., a single-family home, was reported shortly after midnight. It started in the kitchen, and caused an estimated $28,800 in damage.

No injuries were reported, but a family dog died in the fire. The Red Cross was called to assist two adults and three children.