• Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs, Cornell Cooperative Extension, 4487 Lake Ave., Lockport, 7 p.m., Monday. Call 434-7176.
• Niagara River Anglers Association, Jetport Restaurant, Niagara Falls, 7 p.m., Monday. Call 998-8910.
• 3-F Club, 904 Swann Road, Lewiston, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Call 791-3809.
• Federated Sportsmen’s Clubs of Cattaraugus County, Little Valley Fairgrounds, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Call 532-5082.
• Siberian Husky Club of the Niagara Frontier, Nike Base Community Center, Grand Island, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Visit shcnf.com.
• Red House Brook Chapter of Trout Unlimited, VFW Post, Route 394, East Randolph, 7 p.m., Wednesday. Call 699-4648.
• Erie County Chapter of SCOPE, VFW Post No. 8113, “The Chicken Coop,” 299 Lydecker Road, West Seneca, 7 p.m., Thursday. Call 825-4174 or 685-4387.
• Lake Erie Chapter of Federation of Fly Fishers, American Legion Post No. 735, Legion Dr., West Seneca, fly tying at 6 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m., Thursday. Call 675-4766.
• Southtowns Walleye Association, 5895 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, 7:30 pm., Thursday. Call 649-8202.
• Clays for Heroes fourth annual fundraising shoot will be held Aug. 1 at Rochester Brooks International Skeet & Trap Club. Organizers seek contributions for this disabled veteran’s event. For event sponsor and donation information, check with Ashley Butcher at 698-5892 or email: email@example.com.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• NRA Training Counselor Harold W. “Budd” Schroeder Pistol Instructor Certification Course, Mohawk Rifle and Pistol Club, 941 Sheridan Dr., Kenmore, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and May 30. Call 861-9302 or email: bigbudd99aol.com.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class”, Northtown Center, Williamsville, 6-9 p.m., Tuesday. Call 903-2558 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” Genesee County SCOPE, Cavalry Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m., May 26. For all classes, call 778-943 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 3-4 “About Boating Safely Class,” Lake Erie Beach Volunteer Fire Co., 9483 Lake Shore Road, Angola, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., May 30. Call 481-3900 or email: email@example.com.
• Free Orvis Fly Fishing 101 Classes, Orvis Buffalo, Eastern Hills Mall, Williamsville, Saturdays and Sundays to Aug. 15. For details, call 276-7200 or visit Orvis.com/buffalo.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Rose Acres Birding Walk with Naturalist Tom Kerr,” 8-10 a.m., Saturday. Iroquois Observations Program: “Out in Left Field: Nature Sketching in the Outdoors,” 1-3 p.m., Saturday. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Birding for Dummies (adults only),” 1-3 p.m., May 30. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew. Program: “Warbler Walk,” 9:30 a.m., Friday. For registration details and all programs, call 683-5959.
• New York State Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Gorge Hike Series: Whirlpool Rapids,” Whirlpool Rapids State Park, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday. To register, call 282-5154.
• Foothills Trail Club Event: “Tifft Nature Preserve Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 627-3878.
• Lower Great Lakes U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service “Spring into Nature at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge,” 1101 Casey Road, Basom, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., April 25, a free, family event. For details, call (585) 948-5445 (ext. 7036).
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Site Event: Summer Day Camps for boys & girls 8-12 begin July 6. For details and registration information on all programs, call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Paths. Peaks & Paddles Event: “Senior Paddles” Wednesday evenings starting this week. For details and reservations, call 213-0350 or visit pathspeakspaddles.com.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Program: “Free Learn to Catch a Fish Family Picnic and Kids Conservation Day,” 11 a.m., Saturday. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.