GObike Buffalo has undertaken a variety of activities this month to celebrate National Bike Month. They will culminate May 30 with the SkyRide, a roll along the Buffalo waterfront and over the Skyway.
Learn more about that event, and biking opportunities in general at gobikebuffalo.org/bike-month, and read about upcoming bike outings in the WNY Refresh calendar on Page 15.
Meanwhile, the nonprofit group shared the following tips to help you enjoy biking in Western New York:
• Have your bike checked over by your local bike shop.
• Always wear a helmet to protect your head in the event of a crash.
• Ride in the right-most lane that goes in the direction that you are traveling.
• Obey all stop signs, traffic lights and lane markings.
• Look before you change lanes or signal a turn; indicate your intention, then act.
• Be visible and predictable at all times; wear bright clothing and signal turns.