Frontier Central School district is planning $100,000 in repairs in the high school in the next school year.
“There’s a set of terrazzo stairs in such bad repair they may have to be blocked off before the school year is over,” Superintendent Bret Apthorpe said.
He added there are exterior doors “that are rotting, they won’t stay shut,” because they are damaged from of the use of salt over the years.
He also said some doors won’t open because of heaving concrete in front of them.
Apthorpe said the district will be reimbursed for 79.4 percent of the cost of the repairs by state aid.
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 5 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1 and plans to go into executive session to discuss the sale or lease of property. The executive session will be followed by a work session and then by the regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Hamburg village Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B in Town Hall.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will conduct a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in Armor Elementary School, 5301 Abbott Road.
• The Hamburg village Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg village Environmental Conservation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the municipal parking off Union and Main streets.
• The Hamburg Music Festival will take place at Memorial Park and various restaurants and taverns Saturday. Wristbands are required for entry, and can be purchased at participating vendors or online.