The South Wales Fire Company hosts its spring chicken barbecue May 17 at the fire hall, 6406 Olean Road.
The popular event features homemade dinners and begins at noon, continuing until all dinners are sold out.
Fire company vice president Don Butcher advises patrons to arrive early, noting dinners at last year’s event were sold out by 3 p.m.
Dinner includes half a chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, roll with butter, drink and dessert.
Eat in and takeout are available. Donation is $10.
• The Elma Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road.
• A work session of the Marilla Town Board will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the upper meeting room at Town Hall, 1720 Two Rod Road.
• The Wales Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the South Wales Court House, 11006 Emery Road.
• The Iroquois School Board conducts a public hearing on the proposed 2015-16 budget Tuesday in the Intermediate Building cafetorium, 2111 Girdle Road, Elma.
• A work session of the Elma Town Board begins at 6 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road.
• A meeting of the Marilla Conservation Advisory Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road.
• The Marilla Town Board’s monthly meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the lower meeting room at Town Hall.