Developers proposing a large mixed-use neighborhood at the Westwood Country Club will meet publicly with the Town Board during a 3 p.m. work session Monday in the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St., Williamsville.
The meeting between Amherst officials and Mensch Capital Partners LLC involves further discussion of the environmental review process for the project proposed for the Westwood property at 772 North Forest Road and 385 and 391 Maple Road.
• A seminar on elder abuse will be given at 11 a.m. Monday at the Amherst Center for Senior Services, 370 John James Audubon Parkway, Amherst. The seminar will address the various forms of abuse that threaten senior citizens on a daily basis and provide assistance to victims, family members or anyone with a concern. It’s being presented by Erie County Legislator Edward Rath and Joseph Chudoba, Domestic Violence Advocate with the Erie County Sheriff’s Office Domestic Violence Unit.
If you are a victim or are concerned someone you know is being victimized, please contact authorities. Your local police department or the Erie County Sheriff’s Office can assist, as well as Erie County Adult Protection Services Division, available at 858-6877.
• The Amherst Veterans Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St., Williamsville.
• The Amherst Government Study Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the Amherst Municipal Building.
• The Williamsville Village Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Village Hall, 5565 Main St. A work session begins at 6 p.m.
• The Recreation Commission will meet at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Drive.
• The Sweet Home School Board will hold its May voting meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Vergils Center of the High School, 1901 Sweet Home Road.
• The Senior Services Advisory Board will meet at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Amherst Center for Senior Services, 370 John James Audubon Parkway.
• The Youth Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road.
• The Minority/Women Owned Business in Amherst will meet at 1 p.m. Thursday in the municipal building.