• Orleans County Chapter of SCOPE, VFW Post No. 4635, , 38 N. Platt St., Albion, 7 p.m., Monday. Call (585) 875-8148.
• Erie County Conservation Society, 13319 Miller Ave., Chaffee, 7 p.m., Monday. Call (585) 457-3883.
• Cattaraugus County Chapter of SCOPE, Franklinville Conservation Club,
3040 Bakerstand Road, 6:30 p.m., Monday. Call 968-2720 or 373-3322.
• Erie County Trappers Association, Hamburg Rod & Gun Club, 334 Hickox Road, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, a presentation on “Nuisance Trapping: Cage Traps, Test, Licenses.” Call 337-2556.
• Niagara County Chapter of SCOPE, Wilson Conservation Club, 2393 Wilson-Cambria Road, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call 791-4628 or (585) 783-5968.
• Wyoming/Genesee County Chapter of Pheasants Forever, Louie’s Lounge, Attica, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call (585) 591-0339.
• Dorie Miller Rifle and Pistol Club, Frank E. Merriweather Jr. Library, 1324 Jefferson Ave., at East Utica, 5:30 p.m., Wednesday. Call 771-0138 or visit maxi7.com.
• Buffalo Ornithological Society, Buffalo Museum of Science Cummings Room, 1020 Humboldt Pkwy., 7 p.m., Monday. Joseph Mwangi and Marcie Jacklin will discuss “Birding in Kenya.”
• Allied Sportsmen’s Club, 12846 Clinton St., Marilla, 7 p.m., Wednesday. Call 937-3416.
• Erie County Chapter of Bassmasters, Doc Sullivan’s Bar, 474 Abbott Road, 7:30 p.m., Wednesday. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lake Ontario Trout and Salmon Association, 4-H Cooperative Extension, 4487 Lake Ave., Lockport, 7 p.m., Thursday. Capt. Mike Johannes will discuss “Spring Tournament Time Kings.” Call 636-0519.
• Wyoming County Chapter of SCOPE, Social Services Building, 5324 Doody St., Warsaw, 7 p.m., Thursday. Call 866-1398.
• East Aurora Fish & Game Club will be holding monthly high power rifle tournaments to September open to all NRA members. Shooters can join NRA at the range before competitions. For details, call Glen Weeks at 652-6616 or email: email@example.com.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.html.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class”, VFW Post No. 1419, 2985 Lakeview Road, Hamburg, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday. Call 903-2558 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, 6 p.m., Tuesday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” Action CPR, 52SCOPE, Cavalry Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m., April 28. For all Carr classes, call 778-9431 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Maryvale Community Education “Personal Water Craft Boating Safety Course,” 1050 Maryvale Drive, Cheektowaga, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday. Call 635-4666.
• Albright-Knox Gallery Event: “Unexpected Voices of the Great Lakes,” a free lecture by Canadian photographer Edward Burtynsky, 6:30 p.m., Wednesday. For registration details, call Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper at 852-7483 (Ext. 38).
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Lecture: “Utah Long-Necked Dinosaurs: Myths and Mysteries,” by Joe “Paleo-Joe” Kchodl, Gateway Executive Office, 3556 Lake Shore Road, Blasdell, 7 p.m., Friday. For details, call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Iroquois Observations – Outdoor Photography Part 3; Wildflowers,” 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday; and “Zoar Valley Ephemerals Hike with Naturalist Mark Carra,” 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday. Most BAS events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (Ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Chicks, Kits and Pollywogs (for ages 5 and older),” 2-3:30 p.m., Saturday. For all TNP programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (Ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve (RWNP), 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Program: “Jewels of the Sky-Great Baehre Swamp Bird and Butterfly Life,” 7-10 a.m., Saturday. For registration details and all Environmental Education Center programs, call 683-5959.
• New York State Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Gorge Hike Series: Devil’s Hole,” Devil’s Hole State Park, 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday. To register, call 282-5154.
• Foothills Trail Club Event: “Como Lake Park Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 903-9046. For all Foothills events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Site Events: “Astronomy Night at Penn Dixie,” 7 p.m., Saturday. For more details and registration information on all Penn Dixie programs, call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Buffalo Ornithological Society Event: Braddock Bay Field Trip with Rochester Birding Association, 7 a.m., April 26. Call 390-1429.
• WGRZ-TV “2 The Outdoors” Forum: Tanya Lowe, Hawk Creek Wildlife Center; Wendell Hall, Adirondack Wildlife Refuge; and Mike Noonan, Canisius College Department of Animal Behavior, Ecology and Conservation, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call 548-7659 or email: email@example.com.
• Spring Bird Walk at Bond Lake, Nature Center, 2471 Lower Mountain Road., Ransomville, 9-11 a.m., Saturday. Free and open to all. For details, call 694-3488.
• Earth Spirit Spring Living Naturally Series: “Orchids and Ravine Hike,” Franklin Gulf County Park, North Collins, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Saturday. Call 941-6267.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Program: “11th Annual Penn Dixie’s Dig with the Experts,” begins at 9 a.m., Saturday. For details, call 627-4560; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit penndixie.org.
• ZZ Paths. Peaks & Paddles Event: Annual Demo Days, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday and May 17, 1000 Ellicott Creek Road, Town of Tonawanda. Call 213-0350 or visit pathspeakspaddles.com.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Program: “Springtime Walk-Birch Trail,” 1 p.m., Saturday. For all LSP programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Rd., Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com.