A 36-year-old Limestone man was sentenced by Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz to a state prison term of up to four and half years on his conviction for forcing two young people to engage in sexual performance and for setting up a surveillance device to observe someone undressing, according to District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman.
All three cases occurred in the Town of Carrollton. The two underage sex performance cases, involving children who were 16 and 15 years old, took place March 3, 2013 and Feb. 14, 2014. The surveillance crime occurred last Aug. 17, the prosecutor said.
In other cases handled by Ploetz last week:
• Jeremy A. Smith, 46, of Olean, waived grand jury action and pleaded guilty as charged to a felony count of first-degree attempted course of sexual conduct against a child for repeated involvement with a child less than 13 years old in the Olean area between last July and two months ago. He faces sentencing June 22.
• Elvin E. Brunker, 42, of Hornell, was sentenced to two to six years in state prison and ordered to pay $1,700 in restitution on his felony forged instrument and fourth-degree grand larceny conviction for using forged checks to purchase merchandise between Jan. 9, 2014, and Jan. 28, 2014, in the Town of Allegany.
• Wayne R. Gilman, 68, of Salamanca, was sentenced to a 90-day term at the county jail and placed on probation for the next 10 years on his conviction for promoting a sexual performance by a child in January 2010 in the City of Salamanca.
• Ally M. Wanatee, 22, of Salamanca, was placed on probation for five years and ordered to make $1,552 in restitution on her third-degree burglary conviction for a break-in May 4 in the Town of Salamanca.
• Jay J. Miller, 24, of Olean, was placed on probation for five years and ordered to pay $965 in restitution on his conviction for third-degree attempted burglary for a break-in attempt that caused property damage Sept. 16 in Olean.
• Jonathan L. Perrington, 42, of Olean, was placed on probation for five years and ordered to make $550 in restitution on his third-degree attempted burglary conviction for an attempted break-in Oct. 6 in Olean that resulted in property damage.
• Caitlyn E. Sarber, 24, of Allegany, was placed on probation for five years and ordered to pay $56 in restitution for damages on her third-degree attempted burglary conviction for an incident Sept. 27 in the Town of Allegany.
• Cain McKnight, 34, of Salamanca, was placed on probation for five years on his felony conviction of fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance for his arrest while attempting to sell drugs July 4 in the City of Salamanca.
• Alyson M. Seely, 21, of Olean, was put on three years’ probation on her misdemeanor conviction of fourth-degree criminal mischief for a property damage incident Aug. 10 in Olean.