• Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs, Cornell Cooperative Extension, 4487 Lake Ave., Lockport, 7 p.m. Monday. Call 434-7176.
• WNY Chapter of Trout Unlimited, Donovan American Legion Post, 3210 Genesee St., Cheektowaga, fly tying at 6 p.m., meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Bring black and white thread for wooly bugger tying. Chuck Godfrey will discuss “Fishing Small Streams and Sightseeing in Yellowstone National Park.” Call 684-9523.
• Genesee County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Oatka Fish & Game Club, 8660 Wilcox Road, LeRoy, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call (585) 768-6278.
• Glen-Coe Conservation Society, 9869 Foote Road, Glenwood, hosts the area’s IBO New York Qualifier May 30-31 to qualify for the state competition at Holiday Valley Aug. 7-9. For details, call Mike Matala at 337-0126.
• Wood & Brook Sportsmen’s Club, Genesee Street, Alden, Events: Open Skeet and Trap Shooting, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays and 6-10 p.m. Tuesdays, call Bob Cox at 542-2652; and Chris Vindell Trap Shooting Clinic, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. May 9. For details, call Jim Curtis at 682-2167.
• Alden Rod & Gun Club Informal Air Pistol League, 12 County Line Road, shoots Tuesdays, relays at 7:30 and 8:30 p.m. For details, call Carl Leas at 656-0350 or email email@example.com.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 6 p.m. Tuesday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• H&H Firearms, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, “NYS Pistol Permit Class” at Niagara Frontier Gun Show, Hamburg, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Sign up at H&H or visit hhfirearmsshop.com.
• Jim Carr Class: “Utah, Arizona, Florida Multi-State Permit Class,” Niagara Gun Range, 3355 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda, 9 a.m. Saturday. For all classes, call 778-9431 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Maryvale Community Education “Personal Water Craft Safety Class,” 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Call 635-4666.
• Penn Dixie Lecture Series: “Paleolithic Art: Cave Paintings from France and Spain” by Carol Miller of Lockport, Gateway Executive Office, 3556 Lake Shore Road, Blasdell, 7 p.m. Tuesday. Call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show: Erie County Fairgrounds, 5820 South Park Ave., Hamburg, 9 a.m-4 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. May 3. Erie County Pistol Permit Dept. at the show both days. For details, visit nfgshows.com.
• Assemblyman David DiPietro’s third annual Second Amendment Sportsmen Extravaganza, North Java Fire Hall, Route 98, noon-5 p.m. Saturday. Call 382-8261.
• Earth Spirit Spring Nature Festival Fundraiser, Buffalo Ski Club-Tamarack Lodge, 7414 State Road (Route 240 entrance), Colden, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, advanced registration for program and lunch. For details, call 941-6267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java. Events: “Iroquois Observation Programs: Warbler Walk, 8 a.m. and Outdoor Photography, 9-11 a.m. Saturday and Canoe Trek, 9-11 a.m. May 3; and “Observatory at Beaver Meadow,” dusk, Saturday. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228, ext. 10 or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Little Tykes Mini Nature Camp (for ages 3-5),” 9:30-11:30 a.m., May 4. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397, ext. 338.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Program: “Earth Day in May - Clean-Up Trails for Summer Activities,” 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. For registration details and all programs, call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Program: “Fourth Annual I Love My Park Day!,” Saturday at Evangola State Park, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. Call 549-1050; Whirlpool State Park, 10 a.m.-noon. Call 282-5154; Golden Hill State Park, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. Call 795-3885.
• Foothills Trail Club Event: “Chestnut Ridge Park Saunter,” 10 a.m. Tuesday. Call 651-9877. For all events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Site Event: “Spring Bird Walk at Penn Dixie with Marilyn O’Connell,” 9 a.m. May 3. For all programs, call 627-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Program: “I Love My Park Day - Day-Long Volunteer Projects,” 9 a.m. Saturday. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com.