Nearly $300,000 of sidewalk work is planned this year in the Village of Williamsville.
The Village Board has agreed to contract the work to E.J. Militello Concrete, of Clarence, which came in with the low bid of $299,848.
Funding for the project comes from more than $462,000 in federal transportation funds awarded to Williamsville for sidewalk improvements designed to encourage students to walk and bike to school. The village had hoped to complete the work last fall but received little interest from contractors and had to rebid the project.
Sidewalks will be installed along various streets in the village where there currently are missing sections. They are:
• North side of School Street from Academy Elementary School to Rinewalt Street.
• South side of Belmont Place from Mill Street to 17 Belmont; south side of Belmont from 37 Belmont to 49 Belmont; south side of Belmont from North Ellicott Street to 136 Evans St.
• North side of Edward Street from 22 Edward to Gordon Street; north side of Edward from 34 Edward to Arend Avenue; north side of Edward from Arend to North Ellicott.
• West side of Gordon from Edward to 20 Gordon; west side of Gordon from 46 Gordon to Chalmers Street; east side of Gordon from 27 Gordon to Chalmers; west side of Gordon from Chalmers to Stanton Street; east side of Gordon from 83 Gordon to Stanton.
• North side of Chalmers from 40 Chalmers to Arend; north side of Chalmers from Arend to 82 Chalmers.
• North side of Stanton from Mill Street to North Ellicott; south side of Glen Avenue from Reist Street to Grove Street.
• South side of Glen from North Long Street to Reist.
• West side of North Long from 148 North to 178 North; east side of North Long from 185 North Long to 195 North Long.
• East side of North Ellicott from 123 North Ellicott to Belmont.
• North side of Park Drive from South Ellicott Street to 101 Park.
• North side of Garden Parkway from Union Road to South Long Street.
• North side of Oakgrove Drive from Pine Acres Court to 194 Oakgrove; north side of Oakgrove Drive from 236 Oakgrove to Garrison Road; Oakgrove, both sides, from 347 Oakgrove to 205 Hirschfield Drive.
• West side of Hirschfield to 253 Hirschfield.