Southern Erie County
Several free programs for the elderly and training for handling those with memory loss have been scheduled in the southtowns.
Julie Szprygada of the Alzheimer’s Association will offer a session about caring for someone with memory impairment from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday in the Eden United Methodist Church at 2820 E. Church St.
To learn more, contact Kevin Karstedt, the church’s respite coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 992-2248.
For a list of respite care programs, visit the Town of Eden government’s website at www.edenny.org and click “respite program calendar.”
• Kim Robbins, a certified senior fitness trainer, and the Springville Concord Elder Network will offer a free stretch and strengthen class for senior citizens from 11 to 11:45 a.m. Monday in the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St. For more details, call the organization at 592-7599.
• The Springville Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• North Collins Board of Education meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St. The meeting will begin with an hourlong executive session.
• The Springville-Griffith Institute Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St. Board members plan to vote on the 2015-16 budget.
• Eden Board of Education members meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s cafeteria at 3150 Schoolview Road. The board normally meets on the third Wednesday night of each month.
• The Eden Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Town Hall’s first floor at 2795 E. Church St.
• The Springville Concord Elder Network has scheduled weekly activities and classes. For details, visit www.townofconcordny.com and click “upcoming events” or call the organization at 592-7599.
• The Bertrand Chaffee Hospital Women’s Association has planned a theme basket auction at 10 a.m. Saturday on the Concord Town Hall’s second floor. A drawing is at 11:30 a.m.
• The Springville Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5260 men’s auxiliary will host a rib dinner to benefit its children’s scholarship fund at noon April 26 at 650 E. Main St. Each ticket is $9.