Trumpet player Dan Fornero will give clinics and perform in concert Saturday at the Cheektowaga-Sloan School District’s Jazz@JFK 2015.
Fornero, who has toured with Phil Collins, Tom Jones and Neil Diamond, among others, will run clinics for student bands from Cheektowaga Central, Cleveland Hill and Cheektowaga-Sloan’s John F. Kennedy High School. The jazz festival culminates with a concert Saturday night featuring Fornero and all of the participating groups.
The show begins at 7 p.m. in the auditorium at JFK High School, 305 Cayuga Creek Road. Tickets are $8 presale and $10 at the door; call 891-6407.
• The Town Board meets at 6:45 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• A special meeting of the Maryvale School Board begins at 8 a.m. Tuesday in the district administrative office, 1050 Maryvale Drive. The board will vote on the BOCES budget and board member elections. • The Cheektowaga-Sloan School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Irma Czubaj Board Room at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School, 166 Halstead Ave.
• The town’s Traffic Safety Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers at Town Hall.
• Budget adoption is on the agenda when the Cheektowaga Central School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the board room at the high school, 3600 Union Road.
• Walden Galleria on Walden Avenue is hosting the 9th annual Buffalo Enviro-Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. More than 30 organizations, including civic and governmental agencies, will be represented. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit buffaloenvirofair.com.