Plans to convert a former supermarket building on Kenmore Avenue into self-storage facility are scheduled to go before the city Zoning Board 2 p.m. Wednesday in Room 901 of City Hall.
The one-time Budwey’s Store on Kenmore Avenue was sold in 2013 to Joe Dash, who planned to close his Hertel Avenue grocery store, then remodel the former Budwey’s store into a larger Dash’s market. But Hertel Avenue area residents didn’t want to see their neighborhood store shut down. Dash kept it open, but then scrapped his plan for the former Budwey’s building he had purchased. He closed the Kenmore Avenue store, and never reopened it. Now, Dash wants to convert the building into a self-storage center.
• The Planning Board meets at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in City Hall, Room 901.
• The Common Council Civil Service Committee meets at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in City Hall Council Chambers.
• The Common Council Finance Committee is scheduled meets at 10 a.m. Tuesday in City Hall Council Chambers.
• The Common Council Community Development Committee meets at 1 p.m. Tuesday in City Hall Council Chambers.
• The Common Council Legislation Committee is scheduled meets at 2 p.m. Tuesday in City Hall Council Chambers.