Southern Erie County
Students raised more than $10,000 for cancer research during the annual Goin’ Bald for Bucks fundraiser in the North Collins Central School District.
From kindergarten to 12th grade, 66 students participated on Feb. 25, including four kindergartners, five second-graders, 10 third-graders, eight fourth-graders, 11 fifth-graders, 12 sixth-graders and 16 high school students.
Each elementary school pupil received pizza, a beverage and an ice cream sundae.
• “Breakfast with the Easter bunny” is set from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today followed by an Easter egg hunt at 1 p.m. at the Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880 at 2912 Legion Drive in Eden.
• Kim Robbins, a certified senior fitness trainer, and the Springville Concord Elder Network will offer a free stretch and strengthen class for senior citizens from 11 to 11:45 a.m. Monday in the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St. For more details, call the organization at 592-7599.
• Dave and Kathleen Jeffers of Creative Learning Productions will perform a magic show, “Mr. J Presents Easter Wow,” at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord at 18 Chapel St. in Springville. The show includes an Easter egg hunt, crafts, chicks, ducklings and the Easter bunny. Registration is required by calling the library at 592-7742.
• The Eden Planning Board has canceled its meeting scheduled for Tuesday night.
• The Evans Town Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall at 8787 Erie Road.
• The Boston Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall at 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5260 and Concord American Legion Post 431 have planned an Easter egg hunt from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday in Fiddlers Green Park at Buffalo and Franklin streets in Springville. Refreshments will be available in the Concord Town Hall afterward.
• The 54th annual Easter egg hunt will start at 1 p.m. Saturday in the Boston Town Park behind the Town Hall. Children 12 and younger may participate in the event and win prizes in three age groups. Parents may bring cameras to photograph children with the Easter bunny. Allergy-free candy will be available. For more details, call Richard Hawkins, the event’s chairman, at 941-0032.
• The location of the Boston and Colden community Easter Sunday sunrise service has been changed. It will now be held in the parking lot of Churchill Memorial UMC, 8019 Boston State Road, located at the corner of Omphalius and Boston State roads at 7 a.m. April 5. A community breakfast will follow at Faith United Church of Christ, 8651 Boston State Road, Bopton. Call the church office of Faith United Church of Christ at 941–3529 for more information.