Almost 500 art kits were delivered last week to two of the town’s school districts, as part of the Albright-Knox Art Gallery’s latest Public Art Initiative.
Students in the Cheektowaga-Sloan and Maryvale School Districts received a share of the 60,000 art kits - paints, paintbrushes, artists’ crayons and information about artists – donated to the gallery by local native Peter Boris and his wife, Janet.
The kits highlight the works of artists Jacob Lawrence, Frida Kahlo, Roy Lichtenstein, Robert Ryman and Robert Rauschenberg. Students learn about the artists and their work before creating their own.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Office Conference Room at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• WGRZ-TV assignment editor Maria Sisti, a 1979 graduate of John F. Kennedy High School in the Cheektowaga-Sloan School District, will be inducted into the school’s Wall of Fame during a public ceremony that begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the school auditorium, 305 Cayuga Creek Road.
• A budget update will be presented at Wednesday’s meeting of the Cleveland Hill School Board, which begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the community room, 105 Mapleview Road.
• The town’s Conservation Advisory Council meets at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Council Office Conference Room at Town Hall.
• The annual Easter Egg Hunt for children, age 12 and younger, who live in the Village of Sloan runs from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Sloan Fire Hall, 55 Gates St. Identification is required for the event, which also includes a magic show and photo ops with the Easter bunny.