Share this article

print logo

$300,000 damage in fire at Middlesex Road mansion

A late afternoon fire Tuesday at a palatial two-story mansion at 62 Middlesex Road caused $300,000 damage, according to the Buffalo Fire Department.

The owner of the house, alone at that time, reportedly saw smoke coming out of second-floor windows and called 911 about 4 p.m., escaping unharmed. The fire, believed to have been caused by an electrical short-circuit, possibly in the attic above the second floor, remained under investigation Tuesday evening. Damage to the building was listed at $250,000 and damage to contents was listed at $50,000.