Southern Erie County
A public forum about efforts to improve the Lake Erie Beach neighborhood in the Town of Evans has been set from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Lake Erie Beach Fire Hall at 9483 Lake Shore Road.
The Lake Erie Beach Neighborhood Revitalization Task Force, Town of Evans officials and Lake Erie Beach Fire Company will update residents about the progress they have made since the revitalization strategy began in 2010. They also want to receive input from residents about future projects.
Registration will begin at 6:15 p.m. Officials ask residents to RSVP by contacting Lori Szewczyk, town community development director, at 549-3915 or email@example.com.
• The North Collins Board of Education’s meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the elementary school’s library at 10469 Bantle Road.
• Eden Conservation Committee members plan to meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday on the Town Hall’s second floor at 2795 E. Church St.
• The American Red Cross will conduct a bloodmobile from 2 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Eden United Methodist Church at 2820 E. Church St.
• An Eden Town Board meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall’s first-floor meeting room.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 591 E. Main St., Springville, will host a meatloaf dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday. Admission will cost $12 for adults and $6 for children ages 5 to 10. The dinner will include potatoes, vegetables and dessert.
• Nominating petitions are now available for those who are interested in running for the Lake Shore Central School Board. Petitions can be picked up in the district clerk’s office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The office is located at Lake Shore Senior High School, 959 Beach Road, Angola.
Petitions have to be filed with the district clerk’s office by 5 p.m. on Monday, April 20. This year, two three-year terms will be up for election for seats currently held by Jennifer Michalec and Richard Vogan. Their current terms expire on June 30. The annual trustee and budget vote will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, May 19.