Village Trustee Jo Ann Litwin was elected mayor, a two-year term in the election Tuesday. Trustee David Rood was reelected to a four-year term. Matthew Hartung, who served on the Village Planning Board for six years, won a four year term as trustee. He was appointed in January to fill Rood’s seat when Rood served as interim mayor after Mayor John Wilson died in November.
• The village board meets at 7 p.m. Monday, board/court room, Municipal Center, 4295 South Buffalo St.
• The town rails to trails task force meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday, lobby conference room, Municipal Center.
• The Library will host its “4th Tuesday Speaker Series” at 7 p.m. feauring Kimberly Adriaansen of the Tifft Nature Preserve speaking about Buffalo’s waterfront at 4570 South Buffalo St.
• The town board meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday for a work session in the second floor Supervisor’s office, Municipal Center.
• The Library will host “Understanding 20th & 21st Century Music” at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday with Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Maestro Paul Ferington talking about composers Charles Ives, Dmitri Shostakovich and Krzysztof Penderecki.
• Chamber of Commerce hosts its weekly networking meeting, 8 a.m., Thursday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center. Call 662-6452.
• The Library will host its discarded book sale from Friday, March 27 through Tuesday March 31 in the meeting room during regular hours. Call 662-9852 for information.
• The Orchard Park Seniors will host a Palm Sunday breakfast for two seatings 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sunday at the senior center, 70 Linwood Avenue.