Share this article

print logo

Carelessly discarded cigarette causes fire in East Amherst home

A carelessly discarded cigarette caused a fire Sunday morning in a home on Transit Road in East Amherst, officials said.

A caller reported flames in the second-floor of the home in the 9100 block of Transit just after 11 a.m., Amherst Fire Control said.

Damage was listed at $14,000 to the structure and $1,000 to its contents. Firefighters from East Amherst, Swormville, Getzville, Clarence Center and Main-Transit responded to the scene.

No injuries were reported.