Share this article

print logo

Keep waiting for Iggy

Iggy Azalea’s “Great Escape Tour” will be held back a bit longer.

The tour – originally set to launch April 14 in California – has been pushed back to September due to what Team I-G-G-Y is calling “tour production delays.”

“It is extremely important to Iggy that she delivers the show she envisaged to share with her fans and that requires more time in development,” Azalea’s team said in a statement. Azalea, 24, who decided last week to take a break from social media, is now set for Barclays Center on Oct. 11.

– Newsday

Uncle Jesse visits his ‘House’

Fans of “Full House” visiting the San Francisco row house that starred in the popular 1990s sitcom failed to notice John Stamos posing for a photo nearby.

Stamos, who returned to the house last week, shared the moment on Instagram. The photo shows Stamos with a black cap and sunglasses standing in front of the home, as four people walked by oblivious to “Uncle Jesse” right behind them.

“Boy, these youngsters have 0.0 idea what they’re missing. #Fullhousehouse. #TURNAROUND,” Stamos wrote on Instagram.

Stamos’ photo didn’t go quite as unnoticed on Instagram. The photo has since garnered more than 50,000 likes and 4,000 comments.

– Newsday

Conviction in movie death

Hillary Schwartz, the first assistant director on the film “Midnight Rider,” on Tuesday was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Sarah Jones, who was killed by a freight train last year while working on the film.

A clerk of the court in Wayne County, Ga., where Ms. Schwartz had a bench trial on Tuesday morning, confirmed the convictions and said that Ms. Schwartz was sentenced to 10 years’ probation and will pay a $5,000 fine.

The convictions followed the guilty pleas on Monday of Randall Miller, who was directing the film when Ms. Jones died, and Jay Sedrish, who was one of the executive producers. As first assistant director, Ms. Schwartz shared responsibility for safety on the set of the film, which ceased production after an accident in which a train ran through a set that was being prepared on its tracks without authorization from the railroad.

– New York Times

Here comes ‘HBO Now’

HBO’s groundbreaking “standalone” service – announced last year – will bow in April, for $14.99 per month.

But there will be limitations: The standalone service, called HBO Now, will be available to Apple subscribers, and anyone with an iOS device.

Where does that leave the non-Apple universe?

Per HBO: “HBO continues to be in discussions with its existing network of distributors and new digital partners to offer HBO NOW. At launch, HBO NOW will be available on iOS devices and on PCs.”

The way this will work is: Download the app to the iPhone, iPad or any other iOS device, and away you go. There’s a 30-day introductory period for those who sign up “through Apple ... in April.” After that, the per-month fee kicks in.

– Newsday