A fire that is believed to have been caused by a dryer resulted in an estimated $125,000 damage to a Clarence home late Sunday.
The fire at 4521 W. Overlook Drive, a single-story ranch home, was reported at 10:25 p.m., according to Amherst Fire Control. All occupants of the home, which is owned by John and Kimberly Machniak, fled safely.
Damage was estimated at $50,000 to the structure and $75,000 to its contents, a dispatcher said.
One firefighter was taken to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital for treatment of an undisclosed injury.
An investigation continues by the Clarence fire inspector and Erie County Sheriff’s Office.