Share this article

print logo

March 2, 1950: Buffalo's 'other' public market at Black Rock

With Easter just around the corner, many of us will be heading to the Broadway Market over the next few weeks. It’s the last of Buffalo’s fully functioning public markets. At one time, Buffalo was home to the Washington/Chippewa Market, the Elk Street Market, the Clinton/Bailey Market and the Black Rock Market, among others.

Built in 1925, the Black Rock Market was torn down in 1959, in part to make way for the Scajaquada Expressway.

While the expressway runs through the back of it, Tops and Burger King now stand on part of the site as well.

01 mar 1950 black rock public market

There are no comments - be the first to comment