Southern Erie County
A group of Springville-Griffith Institute High School students placed eighth out of 42 schools in the regional Science Olympiad at Canisius College on Jan. 31.
The event involved 26 events requiring knowledge of biology, chemistry, physics, earth science and technology. Students took written exams and demonstrated skills in hands-on competitions such as building a model bridge.
A list of the students, medals they won and teachers who advised them can be viewed on the district’s website at www.springvillegi.org.
• The Blasdell Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Boston Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Evans Town Board meets beginning at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday for an agenda meeting, followed by its regular meeting at 7 p.m., Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road, Angola.
• Citizens for Responsible Choices meets at Evans Town Hall conference room at noon Thursday.
• Shelter Reservation Day at Evans Town Hall is from 6 to 8 a.m. Saturday in the main lobby. Proof of residency is required. Shelters are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
• A meat raffle will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Evans Center Volunteer Fire Hall, 8298 Erie Road, to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Lake Shore. Admission is $5.
• Springville Village Board members will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• The Springville-Griffith Institute Board of Education plans to meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• The Concord Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Room 204 of Town Hall, 86 Franklin St. To view the agenda, visit www.townofconcordny.com.
• The Eden School Board holds a special meeting to discuss the Grover L. Priess Primary School’s future at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the junior-senior high school’s cafeteria at 3150 Schoolview Road.
• St. Aloysius Parish, 190 Franklin St., Springville, will host a spring sale from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Antiques, functioning appliances, tools, large toys and gently used furniture may be donated. For more details, call Love Inc. at 592-3761.
• The annual Eagle Carnival will offer games, a Chinese auction and a baked goods sale from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday in the North Collins Junior-Senior High School’s gymnasium at 2045 School St. For more details, visit the district’s website at www.northcollins.com.
• Those interested in serving on the committee that will interview candidates for the North Collins Junior-Senior High School’s principal may click “Attention Community Members” on the district’s website at www.northcollins.com. They may also contact Kathy Mason, district clerk, at 337-0101 ext. 301 or firstname.lastname@example.org. at the center, 8685 Erie Road, Evans.
• Erie 2-Chautauqua-Cattaraugus BOCES Carrier Educational Center is holding its annual spring open house from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at the center, 8685 Erie Road, Angola.