Amherst Meals on Wheels is looking for volunteers to help on the food line preparing, packing and delivering meals to homebound individuals in the Town of Amherst.
Volunteers – who also provide a daily contact for the homebound recipients – are needed from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Drivers and deliverers work in teams of two to transport meals.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Call 636-3065 for more information and an application.
• The Amherst Town Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the Council Chambers of the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St.
• The Glen Park Joint Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Amherst Municipal Building.
• The Amherst Conservation Advisory Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building.
• The Traffic Safety Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building.
• The Open Government Advisory Board at 3 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building.
• The Energy Conservation Citizens Advisory Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the municipal building.