Share this article

print logo

Wyoming County house fire causes $65,000 damage

WARSAW – Fire Monday afternoon caused damage estimated at $65,000 to the home of Paul and Susan Welch at 1455 Saltvale Road in the town of Middleburry. It was blamed on an overheated wood stove chimney.

A Wyoming Fire Department firefighter was taken to a hospital complaining of chest pains at the scene of the fire which took about 3 1/2 hours to control. The Welch couple and their daughter are being provided assistance by the American Red Cross on housing and other needs.