The town has tweaked its local laws governing garbage pickup times and collection.
Garbage and recyclable materials should be put out for collection no earlier than 5 p.m. on the day before pickup.
All garbage must be stored in leak-proof containers with a close-fitting covera at all times until it is removed from the property. Each container is not to weigh more than 60 pounds.
Electronic and hazardous waste are prohibited from being put out for collection.
Updated information is available at Town Hall, the Lancaster Library or on the town’s website at: http;//lancasterny.gov/residents/.
• The Town Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Monday in a work session, followed by its regular session at 7, in the Town Hall, 21 Central Ave.
• The town Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall.
• The village Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7:15 p.m. Thursday in the Municipal Building, 5423 Broadway.
• The Lancaster Public Library is hosting a computer training session for beginners from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the library, 5466 Broadway.
A new evening storytime at the library is at 7 Wednesday. Little ones should come dressed in their pajamas and bring their favorite stuffed animal friend. Stories, songs and crafts. Sign up at the library.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce holds is morning business exchange from 8 to 9 a.m. each Wednesday this month. It is an informal networking opportunity held at the Olive Tree Family Restaurant, 5240 Broadway. No admission cost to members or member guests.
The chamber also will host an after-hours and new member orientation from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Bradford Ale House, 6036 Transit Road. It includes a 30-minute orientation for new members, followed by networking.
Registration for the event can be done online at www.wnychamber.com/events or via email to Next email@example.com.