“Winter Wonderland in the Woods,” featuring an afternoon of outdoor recreation, will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve.
Weather permitting, visitors can test out snowshoes and cross-country skis for free in a demonstration area. Other activities include a winter scavenger hunt for kids, as well as an ice-fishing demonstration area.
Inside the education center, there will be presentations on wild bird rehabilitation by the Wildlife Department of the SPCA Serving Erie County and an interactive program on winter survival techniques.
Registration isn’t required; just show up at the preserve, 93 Honorine Drive. For more information, call Reinstein Woods at 683-5959 or visit. www.reinsteinwoods.org and search for “Winter Wonderland.”
• The Town Board meets at 6:45 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• A meeting of the Cleveland Hill School Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the community room at 105 Mapleview Road.
• A public outreach session for the federal Home Energy Assistance Program [HEAP] will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday in South Line Fire Hall, 1049 French Road. HEAP provides assistance with home heating costs and energy conservation for eligible households.
• The town’s Conservation Advisory Council meets at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Council Office Conference Room at Town Hall.
• The Dick Urban Community Association meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Maryvale Primary School, 1 Nagel Drive. Guest speaker will be Erie County Comptroller Stephan Mychajliw.