A gala to benefit the Williamsville Library will be held from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Friday in Calvary Episcopal Church, 20 Milton St., Williamsville.
This year’s fundraiser – “The Mad Hatter’s Gala” – includes wine and beer tastings; hors d’oeuvres; live and silent auctions; music; and a basket raffle.
Tickets are $30 and are available at all Amherst public libraries; Village Artisans at 5560 Main St.; and online at www.LoveYourVillage.org.
Elsewhere, a team of third-, fourth-, and fifth-graders from Temple Beth Tzedek were announced as the winners of a recent canned food drive to benefit the Western New York Food Bank.
The food drive was part of a challenge involving four area congregations: North Presbyterian Church, The Church of Latter Day Saints, Shir Shalom and Temple Beth Tzedek.
The students will be recognized for their efforts at the next Amherst Town Board meeting on Feb. 9. They are: Sam Rosen; Anna Halberstam; Genevieve Blumberg; Ryan Hall; Jacob Stoffman; Trevor Moser; Wyatt Martin; Eli Moser; Ozzy Ennis; Marlowe Bloomberg; Allison Catalano; and Max Halberstam.
• The Amherst School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the conference/board room of district offices, 55 Kings Highway.
• The Sweet Home School Board meets in a study session at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Norman C. Vergils Community Center, 1901 Sweet Home Road.
• The Glen Park Joint Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St., Williamsville.
• The Conservation Advisory Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building.
• The Amherst Traffic Safety Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building.
• The Energy Conservation Citizens Advisory Committee will be meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the municipal building.