The Common Council legislation committee is scheduled to meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in the City Hall Council Chambers. Items on the agenda include renaming Squaw Island and regulating electronic cigarettes.
• The Buffalo Planning Board is scheduled to meet 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in City Hall, Room 901.
• Common Council Civil Service Committee is scheduled to meet 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in City Hall Council Chambers.
• Common Council Finance Committee is scheduled to meet 10 a.m. Tuesday in City Hall Council Chambers.
• Common Council Community Development Committee is scheduled to meet 1 p.m. in City Hall Council Chambers.
• Buffalo Board of Education is scheduled to meet 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Buffalo Academy for Visual and Performing Arts, 450 Masten Ave.
• South Buffalo Charter School, 154 South Ogden St., will host an open house 5 p.m to 6:30 p.m. Thursday. It is a Kindergarten through eighth grade school that will be adding new fifth through eighth grade classes for the 2015-16 school year.