Share this article

print logo

Two house fires in Chautauqua County Saturday

Firefighters in Chautauqua County responded to two house fires on Saturday.

At about 12:45 p.m., a fire was reported at a home on Center Road in the Town of Sheridan. Officials said it was caused by overheated cooking oil left unattended. The Red Cross was assisting the residents.

Then shortly after 4 p.m., another fire was reported at a house on Dye Road in Villenova. Investigators said the fire started when an exposed electrical wire made contact with metal building material.

No injuries were reported in either fire.