NORTH TONAWANDA – Officers were elected for 2015 during the recent annual meeting of the North Tonawanda History Museum’s board of trustees.
New officers are Demelt F. Shaw, president; Robert E. Pecoraro, vice president; and Donna Zellner Neal, secretary-treasurer. Shaw is a City of Tonawanda resident, and Pecoraro and Neal are North Tonawanda residents.
In other business, the board:
• Named Elaine M. Timm, of Niagara Falls, a trustee emeritus for her service to the History Museum as a trustee in 2013 and 2014.
• Named Gregory P. Illig of North Tonawanda to the advisory committee. Illig is a master electrician, licensed real estate agent and an insurance inspector. Other members of the advisory committee include A. Daniel Bille, James D. DiBernardo, Beverly Jaszczak DiPalma, Carl P. Hoover, Deborah L. Jaeger, John W. Percy, and George Trautman Jr.
• Announced ex-officio trustees are A. Daniel Bille, Cindy A. Burkett, James C. Doebler, Peter J. Kopf, M. Bruce Miner, John Zellner Neal, Carl D. Onofrio, John W. Percy, Peter G. Pullman, Randall L. Warblow, and Edward C. Wokersien.
Board members also announced musuem milestones during 2014, including:
• The granting of an absolute charter on Sept. 16.
• $373,750 of mortgage indebtedness was discharged by HSBC Bank on July 11.
• $38,329.53 from the estate of Irna Goerss Kraft on Dec. 6 has been allocated to the John F. Kopczynski Memorial Future of Our Past Campaign, working toward the permanence of the museum, which will celebrate its 11th anniversary on April 20.