• Ten-X Shooting Club, 853 Ransom Road, Lancaster, 8 p.m. Monday. Call 316-6119 or visit tenxshootingclub.com.
• NY Walleye Association, American Legion Niagara Frontier Post No. 1041, Amherst St., 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Holiday party meeting; bring a friend. Call 875-8148.
• Niagara Musky Association, The Eldridge Club, 17 Broad St., City of Tonawanda, 7 p.m. Tuesday. Dinner meeting, bring non-perishable items for the Food Bank of WNY. Call 225-3816.
• WNY Chapter of Safari Club International, Michael’s Banquet Facility, 4885 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Visit wnysafari.com.
• Buffalo Geological Society, Parkside Lutheran Church, Wallace and Depew streets, 6 p.m. Friday. Annual Holiday Pot Luck Dinner and Silent Auction, open to the public. Call 834-8935.
• National Archery In Schools Program (nasp.org) provides educators with the means to establish conservation and shooting programs in classrooms. Begun in Kentucky in 2001, the program has expanded, with coordinators in across the United States and much of Canada. For information on starting instruction in New York State, check with Melissa Bailey at (315) 793-2515 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) provides a handbook on forming a youth shooting team for students in grade 12 and younger. Teams can be formed through schools, 4-H Programs, gun clubs or other shooting-sports groups that focus on firearms safety, handling and shooting proficiency. For organizers in the area and across the northeast, check with Craig Hancock at (478) 288-3559 or email: eastcoastdd@shootSCTP.org.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Firearms Training of WNY Classes: “NYS Pistol Permit Class”, American Legion Cadille Post, Niagara Falls, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday and Northtown Center, Williamsville, 6-9 p.m., Thursday. “Utah-Arizona-Florida Multi-State Pistol Permit Class”, Northtown Center, 5:54-9:45 p.m. Dec. 9.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Rd., Lackawanna Classes: “8-Hour Pre-Assignment Class,” Tuesday; and “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Niagara International Ice Fishing Show, Parkway Convention Center, 327 Ontario St., St. Catharines, Ont., 5-9 p.m. Thursday. Call Joe Montgomery at (905) 356-0303 or email: email@example.com.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show: Event Building, 11177 Main St. Clarence, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 7, 100 tables. For exhibitor information and show details, visit nfgshows.com.
• Genesee Valley Trappers Association Auction, 4462 County Road 32, Honeoye, doors open at 7:30 a.m., auction begins at 10 a.m., Dec. 14. Call Todd Swanger at (585) 944-8240 or visit geneseevalleytrappers.com.
• Ducks Unlimited Niagara River Dinner, Buffalo Launch Club, 503 East River Road, Grand Island, 6 p.m. Thursday, $60 singles, $85 couples. For reservations, call Bob Hobba at 774-1223.
• WNY Chapter of Safari Club International 20th annual Game Feast, Michael’s Banquet Facility, 4885 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, doors open at 4 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m., Dec. 12. Call 570-8275, 655-1748, or 668-1353 (ext. 311) or visit wnysafari.com.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Breakfast with Santa,” 9 a.m.-noon Saturday; and “Walk at Knox Farm State Park-Knox Winter Wonderland,” 9 a.m. Saturday. Most BAS events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Events: “Full Cold Moon Stroll,” 5-6:30 p.m. Saturday; and “Tifft Trek with Guide,” 2-4 p.m. Dec. 7. For all TNP programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve (RWNP), 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Programs: “After-School Escape (for grades K to 5),” 4:30 p.m., Thursday; and “Friends of Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve Holiday Party,” 1-4 p.m., Saturday, new members welcome. For registration details and all Environmental Education Center programs, call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Programs: “Niagara Falls Winter Walk,” Niagara Falls State Park, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 13, call 282-5154; and “Great Lake Erie Sunsets!” Evangola State Park, 4-5 p.m. Dec. 13. Call 549-1050.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Reinstein Woods Saunter-Hike or Snowshoe,” 10 a.m. Tuesday, call 683-2414; “Houghton Park/Buffalo,” 10 a.m. Wednesday, call 826-1939; “Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve-Hike, Snowshoe or Cross Country,” 10 a.m. Thursday, call 208-6319; “13th Annual Friday Night Christmas Hike from Niagara Falls (NY) to Niagara Falls (Ont.),” 6:30 p.m. Friday, call 694-4346 by noon Thursday; “Emery Park,” 10 a.m. Saturday, call 604-4095; and “Tifft Nature Preserve,” 1:30 p.m. Dec. 7, call 823-8156.
• Earth Spirit Winter Adventure Hike, Erie County Forest Lands, Sardinia, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday. Call 941-6267 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Crepuscular Walk-Full Moon Over the Pond,” 4 p.m. Saturday; and “Indoor Ed-Venture-Evergreens (meet in the Visitor Center conference room),” 2 p.m. Dec. 7. For all LSP programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com.