Share this article

print logo

Newfane house being renovated extensively damaged by fire

NEWFANE – A house being renovated at 3092 Lockport-Olcott Road was heavily damaged by fire Friday evening, Niagara County sheriff’s deputies said.

Firefighters arriving shortly after 6 p.m. discovered the rear of the vacant house engulfed in flames. Members of Miller Hose and Olcott fire companies battled the blaze.

The owner, who lives next-door to the property, told deputies that he has been renovating the home and believes the fire may have started in a basement wood-burning stove. An investigation is underway. No damage estimate was available.