Change has been the word of the day on the local sports front as college and high schools continued to make scheduling adjustments in deference to the ongoing winter mega-storm.
• UB and Kent State are slated to play football at 1 p.m. today at UB Stadium pending the Kent State equipment truck making it to Amherst from Lackawanna, where it has been stranded since Wednesday.
• Canisius College and Mercyhurst have postponed tonight’s game scheduled for Erie, Pa., but remain hopeful of playing Saturday night’s game at HarborCenter. A makeup date will be determined.
UB’s men’s basketball game against Montana State scheduled for 7 tonight has been postponed, with no word on makeup possibilities. The Bobcats played at Cal State-Northridge on Wednesday night.
• Jamestown’s NYSPHAA Class AA West football semifinal against Henninger has been moved up to 4 p.m. Saturday at Sahlen’s Stadium in Rochester. The adjustment was made in the wake of the Class B semifinal between Cheektowaga and Maine-Endwell being switched from Saturday to 3 p.m. Sunday.
• A more drastic change is taking place in the Monsignor Martin Association, where the championship game between Canisius and Bishop Timon-St. Jude has been bumped back to noon Nov. 29 at All High Stadium. The game was originally scheduled for Thursday night at Ralph Wilson Stadium, switched once and now switched again. Brian Kiszewski, executive director of MMA athletics, said in an email release that if the Canisius/Timon-St. Jude game cannot be played on Nov. 29 it will be canceled and the MMA will not participate in the state playoffs.
• Also Thursday, Batavia Downs canceled its racing cards through the remainder of the week.