Charles M. Hecht, 29, of Yorkshire, has been ordered to serve a combined 10-year state prison term by Cattaraugus County Justice Ronald D. Ploetz in Little Valley on Hecht’s convictions for felony burglaries in the towns of Freedom, Ellicottville and Yorkshire last March 19, March 31 and April 10.
He was also sentenced Monday on a grand larceny conviction for the theft of a credit card in the Town of Yorkshire last April 7. As a repeat felony offender, Hecht, who is currently jailed, was also ordered to serve five years of post-release supervision.
Also in Little Valley:
• Jesus T. Melendez, 62,of Olean, was ordered to serve a two- to four-year state prison term on his conviction of burglary in the third-degree for a break-in in the Town of Allegany last Oct. 29.
• Marcus A. Hicks, 28, of Olean, was ordered to serve a prison term of 1½ to three years on his conviction for a felony assault for fighting with Olean police officers during an incident last Feb. 12.
• Joseph P. Vavrecan, 29, of Olean, was ordered to serve a prison term of two years on his felony conviction for a heroin sale in the Town of Hinsdale last Feb. 1. As a repeat felony offender, Vavrecan was also ordered to serve three years of post-release supervision.
• Alley M. Wanatee, 22, of Salamanca, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with second-degree burglary, felony criminal mischief, menacing and making a punishable false statement after her arrest for a Town of Salamanca house break-in and the theft of more than $1,500 in property last May 4.
• Matthew A. Gimbrone, 30, of East Otto, pleaded guilty to felony driving while intoxicated for his arrest in the Town of Little Valley last March 26, when he registered a blood-alcohol level of 0.09 percent, and in the Town of Salamanca last Aug. 1, when he registered a blood-alcohol level of 0.24 percent, or three times the state’s legal limit, according to Cattaraugus County District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman. He faces sentencing Jan. 12.
• Demario Watkins, 33, of Buffalo, pleaded guilty to felony criminal sale of a controlled substance for a City of Salamanca street drug deal last Dec. 19. He faces sentencing Jan. 5.
• Bryant D. Battle, 24, of Olean, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of criminal possession of a controlled substance for an attempted drug sale in the City of Olean last April 18. Currently jailed, Battle faces sentencing Jan. 5.
• Alexander G. Carpenter, 21, of Allegany, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with criminal possession and sale of a controlled substance in the City of Olean last April 26.
• Darrell J. Lichy, 27, of Salamanca, pleaded guilty to a charge of misdemeanor assault in the third degree for an incident in the City of Salamanca on Oct. 2, 2013. He faces sentencing Jan. 5.
• Lawrence C. Smith Jr., 22, of Buffalo, was ordered to serve a four-month jail term and then be on probation for the remainder of a five-year term on his conviction for a drug sale in the City of Olean last May 9.