Sorry for the delay everyone, but here’s How the News Voted.
Without further ado:
- Canisius: No. 1 in the state. Clearly the best team in Western New York.
- Jamestown: Back-to-back shutouts. You’ve got everyone’s attention, again.
- Sweet Home: Wish the Panthers were in Class AA Tournament. Semifinals would be more entertaining.
- Orchard Park: Only obstacle between Quakers and The Ralph – Ken West: OP beat Blue Devils by double digits back in Week Two.
- South Park: One win away from becoming first of old Harvard Cup teams to reach The Ralph. Saturday’s Bennett-Burgard winner guaranteed spot in a sectional final, but Sparks play Friday night.
- Williamsville North: Battle between reigning Section VI champions in the semifinals a by product of North some how losing to Kenmore West. Good luck in Jamestown.
- Timon: Beat St. Joe’s, and enjoy the bye week.
- West Seneca East: Trojans beat Hamburg, so this is their spot.
- Hamburg: Lost to WSE but Bulldogs earn comeback win at Will South they’ll remember for the rest of their lives, which makes them worthy of this spot in the poll.
- Williamsville South: Lost to Hamburg so I’m not ranking them ahead of Bulldogs. Beat Kenmore West, NT and Starpoint, so I’m not voting for any of them ahead of the Billies. I think that’s the logic I’m supposed to use when doing this poll. That still won’t make the Timon faithful happy, though.
- Bennett: History beckons.
- Maple Grove/CL: Just give Thunder Dragons a free pass to The Ralph.
- Burgard: See Bennett explanation.
- Maryvale: Beat the team you embarrassed two weeks ago to clinch playoff berth and you’re going to The Ralph.
- Randolph: And now, the Cardinals begin their state title defense.
- Cheektowaga: Sting of 35-6 loss to Maryvale goes away with win and trip to The Ralph.
- Cleve Hill: Beware Southwestern.
- Silver Creek: From 1-7 to 7-1. Outstanding work, people.
- Southwestern: Beware Cleve Hill.
- St. Mary's: The good news, you beat O’Hara, you still have shot at a No. 3 seed despite humbling loss to St. Francis.