It is Week Eight of #PrepTalkLive, which means -- whoa -- the playoffs are here.
I'm headed to the rematch of Depew and Cheektowaga, this time in the Section VI Class B quarterfinals, and this time held in Cheektowaga. The Warriors were able to win at Depew in the regular season, when the Wildcats were ranked first in The News small school poll. Photojournalist John Hickey will also be there after he checks out the first half of West Seneca East hosting North Tonawanda in Class A.
Miguel Rodriguez and photojournalist Harry Scull will be at Williamsville South as the Billies host Hamburg in another intriguing Class A quarterfinal.
As always, we encourage you to tweet updates with the hashtag #preptalklive attached -- that's the quickest way for us to share the information through the live chat below (tweets with that hashtag will automatically show up). #PrepTalkLive updates from all sports are welcome.
Our high school scoreboard page has tonight's entire lineup, and it will have the final scores and details as soon as they are reported to us.
We'll be back tomorrow with another #PrepTalkLive blog, including coverage of more Section VI playoff games.
- The playoff preview by Miguel Rodriguez.
- The PrepTalkTV playoff preview with Keith McShea and Miguel Rodriguez
- This week's PrepTalkTV episode focused on Orchard Park football and previews this weekend's games.
- Watch PrepTalkTV's first episode, which featured Canisius football.
- For information on all the teams, a master schedule and videos, check out a post which includes everything from our season preview.