LITTLE VALLEY – The former Carrolton town clerk made full restitution of $3,405 in stolen town funds Monday and was granted a conditional discharge by Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz.
Sandra L. McAndrew, of Limestone, was spared further punishment after making full restitution on her Aug. 18 guilty plea to misdemeanor official misconduct. The charge was linked to a State Comptroller’s audit of town finances from 2006 through 2011. She also had been indicted last April on a felony charge of grand larceny.
A former Town of Freedom business woman who stole more than $100,000 wasn’t as lucky.
Christina A. Garland, 42, of Arcade, was sentenced by Ploetz to serve a three- to six-year state prison term on her Aug. 18 guilty plea to second-degree grand larceny and second-degree forgery in the theft of more than $100,000 through forged business records as an employee of a Town of Freedom business, where she worked until March. Ploetz cited a prior felony conviction in imposing the sentence.
In other cases:
• Matthew S. Redeye, 31, of Olean, was sentenced as a predicate felon to a 1½ to three years in prison on his conviction for vehicular assault in the second-degree and felony driving while intoxicated for a City of Salamanca car crash on July 6, 2013, when a passenger in his car was injured. He was quickly captured after a chase and posted a blood-alcohol reading of 0.11 percent. He then fled to Pennsylvania, only to be rearrested this summer and returned to Little Valley.
• Michael J. Gayton, 21, of Olean, was sentenced to six months in jail and up to 10 years of probation on his Aug. 18 guilty plea to second-degree attempted rape for being involved with an underaged girl in recent years.
• Samantha J. Miller, 27, of Salamanca, pleaded not guilty to second-degree gang assault and first-degree reckless endangerment for her alleged role in a City of Salamanca mugging by at least three persons on Jan. 25.
• Holly L. Scott, 21, of Portville, waived grand jury action and pleaded guilty to a felony count of grand larceny in the fourth-degree for the theft of a credit card in Olean on July 19.
• Hope M. Haight, 28, of Olean, pleaded guilty to a felony count of fifth-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance for a drug deal in Olean last Feb. 28.
• Dylan T. Singer, 17, of Olean, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of third-degree criminal mischief for a property damage incident in Olean last Feb. 20.
• Jesse M. Horbacz, 36, of Buffalo, pleaded guilty to fifth-degree attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance for an attempt to sell drugs in the Town of Franklinville last April 12.
• Michael P. Robinson, 29, of Franklinville, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of third-degree assault for an attack in the Town of Franklinville on March 4.
• Stephanie R. Mitchell, 24, of Olean, pleaded guilty as charged to petit larceny for an Olean shoplifting incident on May 16.
• Carol L. Spitale, 26, of Olean, was placed on probation for the next three years on her guilty plea to a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge in Olean on Jan. 17.