1. Is maple a soft or hard wood?
2. Identify the Rosetta stone.
3. Who was vice president when Dwight Eisenhower was president of the United States?
4. Who made the famous remark: “People of the Philippines, I have returned”?
5. Did the federal income tax begin in 1913, 1918 or 1923?
6. The square root of 400 is…
7. What extra cards are used in a game of Persian rummy?
8. Which state is called the “Free State”?
9. Name the capital of China.
10. Francis Scott Key wrote the words of “The Star-Spangled Banner” which is sung to music composed by whom?
2. It’s a tablet of black basalt (marble) found in 1799 in the Egyptian town of Rosetta. The tablet has parallel inscriptions in Greek and ancient Egyptian demotic and hieroglyphic characters, thus providing a key to the deciphering of ancient Egyptian writing.
3. Richard Nixon.
4. Gen. Douglas MacArthur, in the World War II era.
5. It began, in a modest way, in 1913.
7. Four jokers are added to a regular deck of 52 cards.
8. Maryland, also known as the “Old Line State.”
10. John Stafford Smith.