Share this article

print logo

Fries on stove spark Lockport apartment fire

TOWN OF LOCKPORT – A forgotten pot of French fries triggered a stove fire that damaged a Lincoln Place apartment Friday night, sheriff’s deputies said.

The male resident of the affected apartment told deputies that he put some fries on the stove to cook around 7:30 p.m., then forgot about it as he played some video games. A smoke alarm alerted the man, who received help from a female neighbor in extinguishing the blaze before fire crews arrived. The woman suffered minor burns to her hand but refused treatment, according to reports.

The South Lockport Fire Company responded to make certain the fire was safely out, and reported that the residence sustained minor damage to a kitchen wall.