• Genesee County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Batavia Rod & Gun Club, East Bethany, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call (585) 768-6278.
• NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Waterfowl Informational Meeting, Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge, 1101 Casey Road, Alabama, 7-9 p.m., Thursday.
• Evans Rod & Gun Club 3-D Funanza (30-target shoot), Cain Road, Angola, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Sept. 7. Open to the public. Call 865-5072.
• Erie County Conservation Society 3-D Archery Shoots, 13319 Miller Ave., Chaffee, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Sept. 7 and 21. Open to the public. Call Greg Gattie at 560-9613.
• Double T Archery Club’s Annual Harvest Shoot, Sept. 20 and 21 on club grounds, 1120 North French Road, Amherst. The club offers a 30-target 3-D shooting course. For more details, call 834-4707 or visit doubletarchery.com.
• WNY Outdoor Pistol League, Aug. 31 will be a shoot-ahead only day. Next match, Polaris Club at Tonawanda Sportsmen’s Club, North Tonawanda, 9 a.m.-noon,Sept. 7, walk-on shooters always welcome. For league and gear details, call Bob Guyder at 695-1725.
• North Forest Rod & Gun Club Ladies Shoot ‘N Hoot, 6257 Old Niagara Road, Lockport, Sept. 13. Registration by Sept. 8. For details, call Colleen Gaskill at 628-9023 or email: Cghummingbird7@gmail.com.
• To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Hess Road Wesleyan Church, 2514 Hess Road, Appleton, 5:30-9:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. Call Larry Koch at 778-9935 or Rich Evans at 433-4189 (both contacts, 5-9 p.m.)
• Roy Alfords Little Ridge Archery, 8862 Ridge Road, Gasport, 6-10 p.m. Aug. 26-28. Call 772-7598 (1-8 p.m.)
• Doc’s Archery, 308 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda, 6-11 p.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m.-noon Saturday. Register in person at the store. Call 693-2703.
• Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda, 5:30-9:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Register online. Call 694-9414 (10 a.m.-10 p.m.)
• 3-F Club, 904 Swann Road, Youngstown, 6-10 p.m. Wednesday and Sept. 3 and 10. Call Doug Walck (282-0625) or Dale Shank (791-3809.
•Millgrove Sportsmen’s Club at Alden Rod & Gun Club, 12 County Line Road, 7-10 p.m. Sept. 8 and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 13. Register online for instructions.
• Holland Rod & Gun Club, Route 16, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Sept. 13 and 20. Call 692-7660.
• Elma Conservation Club, 600 Creek Road, 6-11 p.m. Thursday. Pre-register online.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: NYS Pistol Permit Class,American Legion Cadille Post, Niagara Falls, 6-9 p.m. Sept. 3; Utah-Florida-Arizona Multi-State Class, J.M. McDonald Sports Complex, Cortland, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Sept. 7. Call 903-2558 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna: 8-Hour Annual In-service Class, 9 a.m. Wednesday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Class: NYS Pistol Permit Class, Middleport Rod & Gun Club, 6 p.m. Sept. 9; and Utah-Arizona-Florida Multi-State Pistol Permit Class, Calvary Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m. Sept. 11 or Niagara Gun Range, North Tonawanda, 9 a.m. Sept. 13. Call 788-9431 or email: email@example.com.
• Bog Trotters Rifle & Pistol Club Annual Gun Show, American Legion Post No. 880, Route 62, Eden, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. today.
• Iroquois Arms Collectors Gun Show, Frontier Volunteer Fire Co., 2176 Liberty Dr., Niagara Falls, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 31. For details, visit iroquoisarmscollectors.org.
• An Evening with Charles Alsheimer, Eden Junior/Senior High School, 3150 Schoolview Road, 5-9 p.m. Sept. 13. For reservations, call 361-7458 or visit EdenDeerShow.com.
• WNY Chapter of Pheasants Forever Banquet, Tonawandas Sportsmen’s Club, 5 p.m. Sept. 13. For details, call John Puscheck at 668-3327 or David Kern at 433-3547.
• NYS Rifle and Pistol Association Upstate New York Political Victory Fund Shoot, North Forest Rod & Gun Club, Lockport, registrations at 8 a.m., shooting 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sept. 14. Walk-ons welcome. Call 439-6822.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: Family Walk at Beaver Meadow-Guided Walk with Naturalists, 2 p.m. Aug. 31; Homestead Festival at Beaver Meadow, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.,Sept. 6. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd. Events: Wellness Walk, 10 a.m.-noon Thursday; Tifft Trek, 2-3:30 p.m. Aug. 31. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew. Programs: Monarchs: Mexico or Bust!, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday; Introduction to Geocaching, 10 a.m. Saturday. For registration details and all programs, call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Program. Beach and Woods Candle Lantern Walk, Golden Hill State Park, 8:30-10 p.m. Sept. 12, call 285-0516.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: Forest Lawn Saunter, 10 a.m. Tuesday, call 548-8039; Wednesday Night Mini-Hike, Dunlap Walking Path, 6:30 p.m., call 852-3090 (days, not evenings); Conservation Trail-E. Branch Bucktooth Run Road to Sawmill Run Road, 9 a.m. Saturday, call 675-3989; and Clarence, 9 a.m. Aug. 31, call 759-2628.
•Buffalo Ornithological Society Event: Canada Shorebirds Field Trip. 7 a.m. Aug. 31. Call Doug Happ at 649-1297.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Event: Summer Science Safari Day Camp, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday and Tuesday at Penn Site, Wednesday and Thursday at Evangola State Park and Friday at Reinstein Nature Preserve. For details, call 627-4560 or go to penndixie.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: Learn About Letchworth Series - Letchworth Landscapes with pastel artist Gloria Betlam, 7 p.m. Tuesday; Nature Walk – Lee’s Landing Trail, 10 a.m. Saturday; and Summer Farewell Festival, 10 p.m. Aug. 31. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.