A proposal to demolish a vacant former department store and build a 100-unit apartment complex in its place will be before the Town Board on Monday.
DePaul Community Services, a Rochester-based social services agency, plans to buy the site at 2400-2412 Seneca St. After demolition, it would build a 102,000-square-foot, three-story apartment complex for low-income workers and people with mental illness.
Town Board approval is needed to rezone the site and for some variances. The board meets at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 1250 Union Road; a work session begins at 3.
• The town’s Ethics Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall.
• The West Seneca School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Monday in room 200 at West Elementary School, 1397 Orchard Park Road.
• Main Street Marketplace is held from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday on the grassy hill at Main Street and Union Road – adjacent to Town Hall. In case of wet weather, vendors will be on the hockey rink parking lot behind Town Hall.
• The town’s Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers at Town Hall.
• A free screening of “The Lego Movie” begins at 8:30 p.m. Friday in Veteran’s Park. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on; snacks will be sold in the Youth Center. If it rains, the event will be cancelled.
• Friends of the West Seneca Public Library are holding their seventh annual community yard sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday on library grounds, Union Road and Legion Drive. The deadline is Wednesday for people who’d like to reserve a spot to sell their items; a cash donation of $15 is requested for one space, or $20 for two. Registration is mandatory; call Audrey at 674-7496. Proceeds benefit library programs.