Incoming kindergarten students are invited to ride a school bus before the first day of school.
Beginning Monday, bus rides will be offered Monday through Friday at the front circle of Orchard Park Middle School, 60 S. Lincoln Ave. Rides begin at 10 a.m. daily and continue every 30 minutes until noon.
Bus drivers will take students on a short ride and talk to them about safely riding the bus.
If parents have any questions, they’re asked to call the district’s office at 209-6200.
• A Village Board meeting begins at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Center.
• The Orchard Park Recreation Commission meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Center’s lobby conference room.
• The Orchard Board of Fire Commissioners meets at 8 p.m. Tuesday at 30 School St.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the supervisor’s conference room in the Municipal Center; the regular meeting follows at 7 in the board room.
• The town’s Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the basement meeting room at the Municipal Center.
• A hot dog fundraiser, sponsored by Erie County Legislature Chairman John J. Mills, R-Orchard Park, will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday at Orchard Park Public Library, 4570 S. Buffalo St. The cost is $1 for hot dog and a bottle of water; and $2 for an Italian sausage and a bottle of water.
• Chestnut Ridge Conservancy is hosting a free outdoor showing of “The Wizard of Oz” at 8:30 p.m. Friday outside the Casino at Chestnut Ridge Park.
• The Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for its quarterly beautification award. The Chamber will accept nominations, via mail, until Sept. 1 at 4211 North Buffalo Street, Suite 14, Orchard Park, NY 14127.