A $20,000 contribution from National Grid has allowed Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village to update its lighting, which will save the museum nearly $10,000 a year in utility bills.
Updates to the non-profit museum at 3755 Tonawanda Creek Road include new fixtures and bulbs that also will help reduce the emission of carbon dioxide each year, museum officials announced.
In addition, new LED lighting will benefit the artifacts on display because it’s less damaging to textiles and other museum pieces.
Formerly known as the Amherst Museum, the facility has more than 40,000 artifacts, archives and photographs.
• The town’s Veterans Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building, 5583 Main St.
• A Williamsville Village Board meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Monday at Village Hall, 5565 Main St.
• The Williamsville School Board meets at 6:15 p.m. Tuesday in the board room of the district office, 105 Casey Road. The board is expected to issue the 2014 tax warrant, then hold a goal-setting work session.
• A free performance by Tom Stahl and The Dangerfields begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Bassett Park, Klein and Youngs roads. Rain site is Clearfield Community Center, 730 Hopkins Road.
• The town’s Historic Preservation Commission meets at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• The Citizens’ Financial Advisory Committee meets at 8 a.m. Thursday in the Municipal Building.
• Minority/Women Owned Business in Amherst meets at 1 p.m. Thursday in the Municipal Building.
• The Lance Diamond Show will be featured in a free performance at 7 p.m. Thursday in Bassett Park.